Friday, July 4, 2014

Project stash-busting underway.....

I don't know if it is the warmer weather, the long summer holiday or just me being lazy, but for the last few weeks I have not been crafting as much as usual.  

This is all fine and dandy, but there is only one teenie-weenie problem - after a week or so of no crafting I get grumpy, like in, don't-wake-up-the-bear-in-the-middle-of-winter grumpy. So in order for our house to remain on it's normal peaceful course I had to scrape all my reserves together and get my lazy behind crafting.....

I wasn't in the mood for any big projects, seeing as I already have 3 or 4 big projects finished half-way that are waiting for me.....
So I decided to start a bunch of little projects and in the process use up some wool from my gi-normous wool-stash..

First up, I discovered these little beauties on this darling blog - Mary Jane's TEAROOM. She mentioned that she got the pattern for these little egg warmers from a book, but I found them so sweet that I made up my own little pattern.  

The little flowers and leaves I found on the blog of the kind blogger at Attic24, here, and I used embroidery floss and a 1.75mm crochet hook to make them, to ensure that they are small enough.

I love how these turned out and I think we will be having boiled eggs tomorrow morning for breakfast just so that I can display them.....


At the moment I'm loving these small projects and the instant gratification they provide, so next up is a crochet pincushion......

No comments:

Post a Comment