Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The main bedroom of the gnome villa

I've been making some progress with the refurbishment of the gnome villa.  This weekend I've been working on some furniture for the main bedroom.

First I made a fancy fairy bed with canopy using inspiration from this post - Use Twigs to Make a Rustic Miniature Bed in Several Model Scales. 

Basically I took some twigs, my trusty glue gun and some twine and first hot-glued the twigs together in a sort of bed shape and then I just strengthened everything with the twine. I made a little mattress by needle-felting some wool fleece and then as a final touch I decided that even fairies like to read in bed at night so I added a reading lamp!



For the reading lamp I just hot-glued a bead I had into an acorn cap!

Now I started to think about creating a cozy little corner in the main bedroom where the fairies could sit and relax after a long day painting butterfly wings and all such activities that fairies get up to.....

Then I thought about these extraordinary hanging bubble chairs that I have seen around...... examples of these here.
I mean, aren't these just the height of glam? And since we're upgrading the gnome villa to glamorous status I started to think of ways to recreate these chairs for the villa.

In the end I came up with the idea of crocheting some half spheres and suspend them from the roof using eye-let hooks and ribbon.  I used some waxed string that I had lying around because I liked the colour and I thought they would make the chairs hold their shape better.


 Next up I want to sew little pillows for the chairs and also make the coffee table and a nice rug to add to the coziness! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment