Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cupcakes, snowstorms and other little things that makes me happy!

I have two vices in life - chocolate and cupcakes! I try to stay away from all these sins as much as possible, I honestly do, but every now and again (with other words every 2 weeks or so) I start to crave cupcakes. 

It isn't a sudden thing, it will build up over a few days. At first I will staunchly think of something else as soon as I start day-dreaming about lovely cupcakes, but it will get worse as the days succeed one another and by day 3 I will normally decide that in order for me not to completely go bonkers I will have to bake cupcakes and when this craving goes with an approaching snow storm (which I love - I LOVE snow!!!!) what is a girl to do but bake cupcakes?

So yesterday, after I had to pick up the kids early from school due to early closure because of said approaching snow storm I decided the kids and I needed some cupcakes (in other words, I NEEDED CUPCAKES!)



At first I wanted to make my go-to recipe that I got from my sister ages ago (which is divine by the way!), but then I decided that life is too short and there are too many recipes out there and I decided to make this vanilla cupcake recipe - http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/10/28/vanilla-cupcakes-vanilla-buttercream-frosting/. And oh my, am I ever happy that I did? Lovely moist, extra vanilla-ey and rich cupcakes. I think I'm in love - in fact I love these so much I might even choose them over chocolate cupcakes - I think!  So now I'll be able to go about 2 weeks again without cupcakes - problem solved!

What else did I do this weekend? I made this kissing ball that I saw a picture of on Pinterest and I think it came out quite nicely.



And I also made this dream catcher that I saw here - http://www.usefuldiy.com/diy-simple-dreamcatcher/ except mine doesn't look as nice as theirs. I like the beads that I worked around the hoop but I think I need to add more ribbons and lace at the bottom. I'm still pondering what to add....
And the other thing I would like to add is another colour wall to hang it on because this cream colour of our rental home is soooooo drab but that is something that a renter has to live with and something that will have to wait until we move back to Germany. Until then my poor dream catcher will have to keep on hanging against a background wall that does absolutely nothing for it, but as they say.... C'est la vie!



No comments:

Post a Comment